After joining the New Hampshire and Massachusetts Bars in 1995, Kevin began his legal career at Devine Millimet in the litigation department, where for over nine years he handled a broad range of litigated matters. Kevin then moved to RiverStone Claims Management, where he spent over four years overseeing a team of attorneys and senior claims professionals who managed litigation nationally, with an emphasis on environmental and toxic tort claims. In 2008, Kevin and his law partner, Brian, founded CullenCollimore, pllc, and brought their extensive trial and legal experience to create an effective, efficient, and responsive firm – a firm founded by trial lawyers who actually try cases.Kevin has continued to represent corporations, carriers, and their insureds in a variety of cases, including most recently:
- Prevailing in jury trials on behalf of premises owners.
- Defeating a $289 million lien filed against a New Hampshire town and its police officers, and obtaining an award of attorneys’ fees against the filing party.
- Successfully negotiating settlement of CERCLA claim with EPA and PRP group for client-corporation, reducing the exposure to approximately 1/10th the amount a prior law firm recommended for settlement.
- Obtaining state court summary judgment for a claim against a New Hampshire town respecting its building permit approval process.
- Defeating a petition for injunction sought by the former employer of two brokers following their departure from a financial services company.
- Obtaining state court summary judgment on school employee’s wrongful discharge claim, then obtaining Supreme Court judgment respecting the same employee’s parallel action for alleged wrongful removal from position.
- Securing a nonsuit with prejudice in Massachusetts Superior Court for its construction contractor client in a products liability case where it was alleged the contractor was responsible for approximately $90,000 in water damage arising from the failure of a water filtration system, part of a significant renovation project in Boston.
- Obtaining coverage for client under a commercial liability policy for a multimillion dollar personal injury case, to include reimbursement of client’s attorneys’ fees spent pursuing the coverage.
- Successfully pursuing contractual and common law indemnification for client’s defense and other costs in numerous cases, including for product liability and personal injury, from responsible entity.
- Successfully mediating numerous cases including for claims of construction defect, breach of contract, and personal injury.
Kevin is certified as a New Hampshire Rule 170 mediator, facilitating more than 200 court-ordered and private mediations and arbitrations since 1999.
Kevin obtained his B.S. from Southern New Hampshire University, summa cum laude, valedictorian, in 1992, and his J.D. from Boston University School of Law in 1995. He is admitted to practice in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.